Thursday, September 27, 2012

Potions and lotions.

Well, there aren't reeaaally any lotions, but that's what we've been calling these.
These spooky bottles are super easy, super fun and look great!



We asked Dennis' Mom to start saving jars of all shapes and sizes...while we've been saving our Trader Joe's wine bottles. We combined left over wall paint from the apartment to make ugly colors and sloppily painted our bottles and jars. 



Dennis found labels online and printed them off at work. 
We made these look old and worn by tea dying, tearing and crumpling the paper.


  
We further distressed the bottles with a Brillo sponge and repeated the whole process until we got the decrepit look we wanted.  Mwwahaha!



Add dry ice and candles for a spooky effect...just don't set the house on fire!


Other than all the booze...this was pretty much free and made from what was laying around the apartment!


Simple, cheap and effective!
Happy Brewing!



7 comments:

  1. I love the spooky way these turned out, they are so crummy and old and scary, love the dry ice effect, so scary and creepy, love them all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew & Dennis! I love, love ,love this idea! I wish I had seen this sooner. I'm going to pin it for next year. I came across your blog at the "100+ Halloween Ideas" Blog Hop (Pursuit of Functional Home). I'm so glad I did. I'm following you guys via Google Friend Connect and Twitter. Please follow me back. Have a great and safe Halloween!

    Vashti xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! these look amazing!! I'm sharing on my FB page! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these! They look so real! Thanks so much for linking your great crafts week after week.. Today, your potion and lotions are the Dare the Share Feature of the Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I hope you disn't have to drink all that in one day just for the bottles 😉. Thanks so much for linking up at Awesome Things Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Andrew and Dennis - I've come across your work a few times before and finally following you now! Stalking on all social media LOL! Thanks so much for joining our What's Scarier linky party. Happy Halloween! Hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete